Wednesday, October 22, 2008

*fanfare plays in the streets*

So I finally started/started to finish more projects lol

First I had to restart the mittens I showed before, but THIS time I decided to use the Magic Loop technique. I found a really nice video tutorial on how to do it and it was surprisingly easy to pick up on. I really enjoy it. Its sweet sweet nice not having to juggle dpns. Brent prefers it also. He always looks at me with mock fear when I try on a half done mitten with the dnps still sticking out all over the place. Says it looks like something a ninja would wear haha ;)


^ I'm thinking of duplicate stitching a graphic to the front of the mitten to dress it up a bit. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe a snowflake... hmm.



Next project I've started is the "Grassy" cowl. This is the first lace project I've ever done and I must say I am SUPER happy with it ^_^. The "complicated" row is nice and easy to remember so this is a great pattern to knit while watching TV. UNFORTUNATELY this project is going to have to be out on hold for a while because while we were in Seoul, I had Brent hold my interchangeable needle case for a little bit and he managed to drop one of my size 6 tips and the screw caps and the cable lock. All in less then 3 minutes...... heh (he is so lucky I love him... lol). Soooo now I have to order another pair, which will probably take a couple weeks since knitpicks seems to be having slower shipping lately. Bahumbug.

^ Its kind of hard to tell, but there's hints of pink in the gray. It's actually quite pretty, be it very neutral :)



Next and oldest unfinished project I took on was this flower scarfette :). Not quite done yet though. Still have to block and sew the flower and button on. I really like how it turned out, even though the flower is kind of wonky. I think next time I'll subtrack 45 or so from the overall ending stitch count though. It turned out bit more... floofy then i wanted it too haha :]



*******


In other news..... EYE CANDY!!! :) brent and I went up to Seoul the other day to see a show but we got there a little bit early so we went next door to this wonderful little caffe/bakery called "Caffe Themselves". It was absolutely lovely. They had the most beautiful desserts I have ever seen! The pictures don't even do them justice, but I did try lol :)


No comments: