Sunday, October 26, 2008

*Crossing Jordan Theme Song Plays*

... and by that I mean the one from the FIRST season. The awesome Riverdance-esque one. I was oh SO disappointed when the changed it :(

But I digress....

I have GOT to buckle down and get to picking things for Christmas presents lol. I'm knitting gifts for all females over the age of 16 and everyone under the age of 2. OTHER then the fact that my little sisters would rather have I'm only doing females in my family over the age of 16, otherwise I would be insane. Seriously.


Mom: Mittens. I'm following the "Chartres Mittens" pattern from Ravelry, minus the color work. My mom doesn't like it when her nails snag on the inside of fair isle, so I'm thinking of duplicate stitching something on the front. Maybe a snowflake? I dunno... hm. Also, since she's my mommy, I was thinking of maybe making her something else too. Maybe yet another cowl?

MIL:
The Grassy Cowl. That one's pretty much in the bag! Yay! Just have to wait for my size 6's to get here ^_^

Sister #1:
Mrs. Beeton from Knitty! I've been wanting to knit this pattern for a while now. Yay! ^_^

Sister #2: Flower Scarfette/Cowl. Basically done and done. Just have to sew on button and weave in ends :]

SIL #1:
I swear this isn't dejavu, but I'm thinking of knitting her a cowl lol

SIL #2:
Also the Mrs. Beeton pattern from Knitty. Probably gonna make an extra pair for myself too xD

Niece #5 (DD of SIL #1):
Briar Bunny Hat. This hat is kind of a boring knit... but the result is oh so cute. Quite possibly the cutest baby hat I've ever seen. No joke....

New Baby Nephew (DS of Sister #1): Baby Moc-A-Soc pattern from Ravelry. So cute and warm x]


Well that's the plan so far. Lots to keep me busy. I'm working on my speed knitting but I'm still not very fast. Alas, I didn't think about working on my speed until now :[

I was considering making things for my little posse of 7-12 yr old sisters, but I'm pretty sure they would rather have some new fangled something-or-other. They keep requesting iPods. Apparently my new married status also means that I also have unlimited funding for random frivilous technology to bestow upon little monkeys *rolls eyes* ;)

With all this said.... I really miss SNOW!!! Good ol Wisconsin snow. 9 - 18 inches of snow. Even better, a blizzard. I love knitting during snowstorms =D

On that note, I shall leave thee. Sorry for this post being really unwitty, scatterbrained, and boring. Just felt the need to write out my thoughts and plans. Its one of those days..... *shrugs* :]



Ps. Oh yeah and I forgot to mention. I have no idea what to knit for my best friend. Any ideas? She is, without a doubt, one of the most difficult people to get something for on my Christmas present list. For ANY gift giving occation, really lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're talking about me, knit me a General Grievous.


...or a shiny, new Australia.