Monday, November 24, 2008

Sometimes the internet is my BFF.

I've started browsing through art/craft blogs again and its been pretty great. Although my Firefox probably doesn't agree, since whenever I find a link I think may be interesting I'll open it to a new tab. A couple hours of that equals several DOZEN tabs at LEAST. A lot of the links really didn't even have much to do with crafts haha. Just random crazy fun stuff xD.

What? What's that? You'd like me to share? Weeeeell, don't mind if Ah do :]


#1. Gaia Avatar Maker
I love these and this is the best one I've found. I messed around with it a bit and made a few element based/random characters :)







#2. Mammoth Crocs
I always promised myself I would never ever ever ever wear, much less BUY, these abominations to the shoe industry. I remember when they got popular, a friend insisted I try a pair on, so I kind of hid behind her as I slipped into them. Sure. Ok. Yeah they were comfortable, but they didn't come CLOSE to making up for their hideousness, in my opinion.

Mammoths have changed that for me completely. I tried some on while shoe shopping with Brent (isn't that crazy?! I married a man that's willing to go shoe shopping with me!!!) and oh my goodness..... the clouds parted and sun shone down upon me. They are STILL just as ugly as the original, but oh man.... The fleece lining is what sold me. *drools* Its like..... walking on a baby cloud. A baby cloud inside an already pretty comfy shoe haha. I say baby just because I assume baby ones are softer then adult clouds =P

Oh and just as a side note as I rant about Crocs.... when did they start making PRETTY shoes?! I DEMAND TO KNOOOOOW!!! I want the green ones xD


#3. JetPens.com
Little known fact about me is that I have a bazaar obsession with office supplies. Its not that I USE them a lot. I just like HAVING them. Funky desk organizers, pretty notebooks, calenders.... you name it. Ah but most of all.... Pens. I lovelovelove pens and I've discovered that the ones from Japan tend to be especially fantastic. This website has every kind of pen you can think of, INCLUDING sparkle gel pens that actually work and don't get clogged every other letter. Will wonders never cease to amaze me?! I didn't even know those existed! =P


#4. Simon's Cat
These made me literally LOL in delight. Absolutely adorable xD








#5. French Kitty Dolls
I never liked dolls a ton when I was little. I liked building houses for them out of random household items and making "outfits" for them out of my mom's sewing scraps, but I got tired of actually playing with them quickly. I might have been more interested if I had had these French Kitties though. I've never seen anything like them. They're so different and whimsical! I just couldn't help myself. After getting the ok from Brent.... I made my move! Ebay item..... SOOOOOLD!!! Bwa ha ha!

I'm planning on making and collecting clothes for it and then if I have a daughter one day, I'll give it to her and teach her to sew clothes for it too :)

I had done a little bit of research to see which one I wanted to get and I decided on the yellow tone one with the cheetah-type spots. I was REALLY happy when I found her on Ebay BNIB! Isn't she funky? xD




Well that's it for now! I'm sure there will be more entries like this with random stuff I've found online :)

Until then..... <3 HAPPY TUESDAY!!! <3

No comments: