Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm not very good at maintaining blogs apparently... but look! FOs!

I never have been and I can't promise I will either lol. A blog other people read makes me feel like all my posts need to be witty and thrilling and frankly... none of my entries thus far have met these standards. Not even the FIRST entry. How depressing X__X. I really need to be in a writing mood to write anything well worded and entertaining, but if I waited for those moments this blog would have month long gaps inbetween spasticly random entries. I will try my best to fill in those gaps with some mediocre update posts though ;)

In my defense, there hasn't been tons to write about this last week. I did finish a couple things tonight though! The flower scarfette AND my mom's mittens are both done! Well, the mittens are still blocking and waiting for me to embroider something on them but the scarf is completely blocked, dried, and finished! ^_^ Tada!

*** Excuse the pictures that look like they were taken in the 70's lol. Lighting not so great at 3 in the morning. Although I don't think the 70's print ironing board helps much lol :]

Not sure what I'm going to embroider on the mittens. Something simple and pretty :)

In other news.... that has nothing to directly do with knitting: Currently I've been watching Crossing Jordan and I'm seriously curious about something. That being the cliche taunt, "What are you chicken? ... *starts flapping arms and squawking*". I mean honestly.... who ACTUALLY does that?! Its ridiculous enough when grade school bullies in lame 80's movies do it, but the lame factor is multiplied by 1000 when its a full grown man. It sort of makes me want to find the guy who came up with it and stick a big post-it on his forehead that said "FAIL". Am I overreacting? ;)

But moving on. I have 6 balls of Merino 5 by Crystal Palace. 3 in Mer Du Sud (bright teal) and 3 in Jet Black. The question being.... What in the world do I do with these!? I think I mentioned before that I wanted to make make a piano scarf out of them but I'm having second thoughs. I may just stash it, but I almost feel the NEED to use it because its one of my favorite worsted merino yarns ever :]. I love love love it. It feels good and smells good and looks good *happily pokes it*. Ah well.... into the stash it goes.

^^^ Farewell for now, my old friend ^_^

That's about all that's been happening. My yarn ordering has been stalled due to me just not wanting to deal with all the yarn I need to buy, but thank GOODNESS for knitpicks. I am starting to truly discover the joys. I am so excited about their Swish yarn. Good colors, comes in many weights, and is OH so dang squishy! I, personally, think it should be called "Squish" lol. Oh and then there's the fact that its insanely cheap. YAY for obtaining good soft quality yarn withOUT breaking the bank! More on this after I'm actually done ordering :)

Now I must depart. Mister Husband will be home soon and I told him I'd make him burgers! :]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hy Holly!

woooow! your Work is great!
a beautifull Flower, I love it!
How did you make this Flower??

lot of regards from a
swizerland-Blogger,
Anja